Clan [Ci] Servers
Do Video Games make kids violentPosted By: Peregrine
Posted On: 13-02-2013 1 Comments
Of course not. We know they don't.
Just nice to finally hear it from someone in the US Government.
Thank you Nancy!
EA and Activision raking it inPosted By: Peregrine
Posted On: 10-11-2011 1 Comments
(in keeping with our "one new news story every 5 months tradition")
In its most recent earnings report in October, EA, who's stock has risen 40% so far this year to about US$23, posted revenues of US$713-million compared with US$631-million a year ago, before accounting for its new release.
EA estimates Battlefield 3 has sold five million units globally in its first week. At about US$60 a pop for the base game, that's more than US$300-million in sales already. Since launching the series in 2002, EA has sold 50 million units overall.
Activision meanwhile blew analyst estimates out of the water on Tuesday with earnings of US7¢ a share on revenues of US$754-million, compared with forecasts of US2¢ EPS and sales of US$558-million. Its shares are up 4% on the year and 25% from a low in August and are now trading at US$13.
Full story here: http://www.montrealgazette.com/techn...#ixzz1dKPqg7ry
New NewsPosted By: Peregrine
Posted On: 06-10-2010 8 Comments
Here's some news. Let's see who is the first to notice the home page was changed.
So what should I use for news. Ummmm.
How about: Games Released This Week!
Castlevania came out for PS3.
NBA2k11 for ALL PLATFORMS.
Also the free add on for Left For Dead (on PC) was released as well ($7.00 for Xbox'ers).
Here's a Gamespot link for the total list.
Any you plan to get? Discuss!
Website movePosted By: Loibisch
Posted On: 08-12-2008 14 Comments
The website move has been completed silently, and everything should now be running off our new host.
If you have troubles accessing the forums make sure you delete your cookies. Also, if you have still troubles and can't login, contact me at <my username>@clanci.net.
Upgrade to vBulletin 3.7.1Posted By: Loibisch
Posted On: 29-05-2008 9 Comments
Yes, it's been a while since I laid hands on the forums (why does this sound so dirty?)...anyway:
We are now running vBulletin version 3.7.1. The 3.7 release brought the following neat stuff (all of which we don't really have ANY use for on our boards )
* Inline spam management & prevention
* Thread tagging
* Search cloud / tag cloud
* Thread prefixes
* Reciprocal friendships between users
* Public visitor messaging on profile pages with 'conversation' feature
* User picture galleries with user comment facility
* User-created social groups with invite only and moderated membership options
* Extended member profile pages
* Customizable member profile pages with admin-controlled styling abilities
* Inline editing of custom user profile fields
* Lightbox viewer for attached images
* Viewable and comparable history maintained for post edits
* Extended re-authentication for inline moderation actions
* Notices system for navigation bar
* Multiple human-verification systems including reCAPTCHA, image verification and Q/A
* User change history
* Social bookmarking integration
So there you have it...if you want to get more information about what any of the above mumbo-jumbo means check the official vBulletin forums.
Oh, and if you find any template errors you can keep them.
No seriously, report anything that's broken to me please and I'll see that I fix it.
Script runtime: 0.08549 sec.